US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The Manager, Desktop Support is a leader within the technical support group in Information Technology and is responsible for the management of the desktop support staff; the delivery of technical support and services; and the overall satisfaction of our customers.
- The manager must have a strong customer service background coupled with technical skills in all aspects of desktop support, network connectivity, computer operating systems, mobile devices, desktop hardware, and software applications.
- The position is responsible for managing support staff located in California, Nevada, and New York. If you're already at a this level or proficient and ready to take the next step in your career this is the opportunity for you.
- Delivery of technical support and customer satisfaction.
- Management of ticket flow and technician workload; setting daily priorities to meet department goals and customer expectations.
- Oversight of the day to day operations of the desktop support group.
- Collaboration with the other groups within IT to ensure issue handoff; knowledge transfer and customer satisfaction.
- Creation and publication of metrics from the service management system.
- Development and continual review of team training materials.
- Creation and periodic review of IT knowledge base articles.
- Periodic evaluation and refinement of processes to ensure accurate and timely delivery of services.
- Team development; coaching and mentoring; supplying opportunities to for technicians to improve their skills and knowledge.
- Deliver feedback to team members at regular intervals and conduct performance evaluations.
- Management of internal communications for our customers on technology-related issues; collaboration with communications staff.
- Establishment of effective and productive working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Provide data to supportstaffing decision and support the leadership of IT in staff planning. Ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained and participate in the hiring of staff.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in off-hours project requirements as well as on-callsupport.
- Acceptable equivalent combination of education; Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, or equivalent, or Master of Business Administration.
- Five or more years of experience with LANtechnologies, multiple operating systems, and Wide Area Networking.
- Experience managing IT professionals for five or more years.
- Strong knowledge and experience with PC hardware (A+ Certification a plus) and software.