This position will manage and provide direction to a staff of up to 3 Desktop Support Specialists providing excellent customer service and technical support for the Kobie onsite and remote staff. They will also be hands on in providing level I and II desk side support for 400+ office and remote users, their applications, Windows and Mac Workstations, printers and telephones. This position is also responsible for basic workstation maintenance including workstation patch management, support, troubleshooting, installation and break/fix.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and perform supervisory duties on a daily bases for the Desktop Support Team and ensure procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Develop and mentor staff
- Identifies, researches, and resolves complex technical problems
- Monitor service/problem tickets in JIRA
- Ensures the efficient operation of Windows and Mac workstations
- Manage user accounts within ADManager application, this includes disabling/enabling accounts and password resets
- Help with the maintenance/operations of user workstations
- Help perform workstation patching as required
- User Equipment add/move/changes
- Work with outside vendors as needed
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to provide high level of customer service, problem resolution, and support for external and internal customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to handle customer concerns over phone and in person.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, and 2011
- Some knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc)
- Some knowledge of Active Directory concepts and administration
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to create and maintain documentation for processes
Experience and Education:
- 3+ years of Windows desktop (2007+) supportexperiencerequired
- 1+ years of solid personnel management experience
- Experience with setup, configuration, troubleshooting of desktop/notebook hardware and software (Windows and Mac OS) and troubleshooting basic network, software, and printing problems.
- Understanding of Microsoft and Apple Mac products/systems and their administration.
- Strong experience with technology asset management and inventory
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting remote workers
Nice to Have:
- MDM experience with Android, and iOS devices, in a networked environment
- Active Directory/Group Policy experience
- Imaging experience
- Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
1 year: solid personnel management experience
3 years:Windows desktop (2007+) supportexperiencerequired