About C-K Chicago:
Chicago’s independent spirit makes it the perfect headquarters for C-K, one of the nation’s oldest and largest independent agencies. C-K’s Chicago office, located just off the Magnificent Mile, is full of native Midwesterners and transplants alike that are united in the values of hard work and collaboration.
At C-K in Chicago, we work with major global and national brands like Porsche, Corona Extra, Cedar Fair, BIC, Edward Jones and many others. We’re proud of these partnerships and the integrated approach we take to every client and every element of a campaign, be it large or small.
Our experts here have backgrounds spanning every marketing, advertising and communications discipline across all categories imaginable. C-K Chicago is a hub of innovation and the nerve center of the agency.
We also apply our work ethic to the community. Our flagship charity in the Chicago office is Off the Street Club (OTSC), the oldest boys and girls club in the city. Throughout the year we participate in the planning and execution of several key OTSC fundraising events such as Swing for the Kids, The Firefly Ball, Summer Bake Sale and Holiday Luncheon. We also participate in the Battle for Hope, the Chicago-area advertising agency battle of the bands. In 2015, our house band, the Angry Pickles, won the Battle for Hope and helped raise thousands for OTSC in the process.
C-K is looking for a Desktop Support Manager that has experience leading a Desktop Services team, strong technical aptitude and solid project management skills.
About the Role:
The Desktop Service Manager manages all project and support-related activity associated with C-K’s computer fleet. This includes, but is not limited to, PC/Mac workstations, printers, scanners, mobile services and common desktop software. The Desktop Service Manager oversees the Desktop Services team to ensure day-to-day support for the user population is operating efficiently and that all project activity is on time and within budget.
The position reports to the Director of Information Technology. The position also provides direction and leadership to Desktop Support Specialists, Desktop Support Technicians and Desktop Engineers.
- 7-10 years of experience in Desktop Support and Engineering; agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Proficient in all relevant versions of Microsoft Windows and Apple OS
- Proficient in the following software: Office, Exchange, Adobe Products (Creative Cloud and Acrobat) and iWork
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with candidates, as well as employees at all levels in the agency;
- Strong communication skills
- A creative problem solver that is able to quickly identify concerns, evaluate the situation, and recommend solutions.