Req No. 2017-1881
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Desktop Support Lead is responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership for the desktop support team. Working with other technical resources, the Desktop Support Lead establishes and refines procedures, workflows, and tools to provide exceptional support and customer service to support Exact Sciences end users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day support operations for the desktop team to ensure timely response and proper completion of incidents and tasks.
- Coach desktop support technicians through new and routine tasks.
- Track and manage inventory of end user equipment.
- Recommend new end user technologies and solutions to replace or enhance the security, reliability and user experience.
- Standardize and update workstation images and application deployment.
- Test, deploy and track the installation of security updates and anti-virus/anti-malware software.
- Complete configuration of desk phones and agent setup as needed.
- Oversee the desktop support assigned incidents and tasks, identifying areas for improvement including standardizing and documenting procedures.
- Review new hire and termination requests for accuracy and thorough task fulfillment.
- Develop and maintain workstation standards, processes, and documentation.
- Participate in Information Technology and cross functional team projects as requested to provide guidance on desktop and end user experience.
- Stay informed of technology industry trends and solutions with ability to analyze for possible application at Exact Sciences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, MIS, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Three years of experience in a technical support role
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Works independently with little oversight and direction.
- Previous support experience in health care or biotechnology.
- Microsoft SCCM expertise
- Experience with asset lifecycle management
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate telephony devices, and a computer.