Desktop Support L2
We are looking for Desktop Support L2? for our client in Front Royal, VA
Job Title: Desktop Support L2?
Job Location: Front Royal, VA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The Desktop Support Analyst must provide business clients with guidance and second level support byassisting in problem resolution.
- The Analyst acts as the key contact for on-site and remote clients for
- workstation problems, requests for new equipment or services and production problems and inquiries?
- Knowledge about RF Guns and previous experience is a plus.
- Identifies and initiates resolutions to client problems and concerns associated with office
- automation equipment, hardware and software to the client's satisfaction.
- Provides second level support to the Help Desk Analyst and responds to problem tickets in a
- timely and efficient manner.
- Receives, coordinates and installs desktop equipment and software according to department
- standards and procedures, and as needed.
- Interacts with Help Desk and Network Services personnel to provide timely information regarding
- problem tickets and their resolution.
- Provides desktop visits to business clients to assess their problems, coordinate the right
- equipment/software to resolve problems or process service requests.
- Maintains contact with clients and second/third level support personnel on operational and
- production problems.
- Maintains software and hardware registration and inventory to provide upgrades as necessary
- and ensure appropriate security levels are maintained.
- Upholds the enterprise policy and procedures as well as recommends new and improved
- guidelines to ensure compatibility and better service to users of personal computers.
- Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology of microcomputers and
- utilizes state-of- the-art techniques when implementing desktop solutions.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all enterprise departments to optimize working
- relationships and communication.
- Strives to learn the job functions of the position's immediate supervisor as well as peer level
- positions with whom the individual interacts.
- Adheres to Service Level Agreements as outlined in the Help Desk Policies and Procedures.
- Should have knowledge in Desktop Imaging & Scripting.
- Extensive knowledge on Hardware & O/S Trouble Shooting.
- Should be expert in deployment of operating systems locally & globally.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Operating System - Windows XP & Windows 7 /8.
- Good understanding of IP telephony setups and installs
- Solid Blackberry and iPhone troubleshooting skills
- Basic understanding of Macs ? Nice to have.
- Basic understanding of Networking Technologies.
- Basics of Active Directory and Servers
- Understanding of Helpdesk Ticketing System such as Remedy or Service NOW
- Knowledge on all standard Desktop Applications.
2 of 2:
- Excellent customer service skills. ? This is a MUST!
- Excellent troubleshooting skills ? This is a MUST!
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with various individuals with diverse backgrounds ? This
- is a MUST!
- The ability to learn and understand new technology and skills quickly
- Ability to react to and act upon feedback.
- Must to be a team player
- 3 years of personal computer experience.
- Familiarity with existing operating systems is required.
- Experience with MS Office applications suite is required.
- Good oral, telephone and written communication skills.??