We are looking for Desktop Support for our client in Columbus, IN / Shoreview, MN
Job Title: Desktop Support
Job Location: Columbus, IN / Shoreview, MN
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Consult on Client Application Certification process and serves as liaison between business and technology units to translate tactical and strategic
- objectives into workable solutions.
- Applies solid business knowledge to define scopes and requirements
- Ensure Client Certification process is followed.
- Educate BU Stakeholders on proper software certification process.
- Facilitate requirements meetings for moderately complex projects.
- Researches solutions and coordinates the remediation of deficiencies.
- Considers latest technologies and new approaches to resolving business requirements of the Business Unit
- Leads business and functional resources in the facilitation of the certification of software that fully leverages technical solutions being delivered or developed.
- Desktop support competencies
- Script testing capabilities
- Server and Desktop technical troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of Windowsnetworking
- Highly organized and able to follow standard processes
- Liaison between business and packaging team
- Ability to troubleshoot complex application support environment
- This position will also be responsible for general IT support and troubleshooting during the deployment and infant care model for a defined period of the migration timeline.
- The ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills with both IT leadership and end customer
- Flexera overall product knowledge
- 2 years of PC/Desktop supportexperience
- Windows Enterprise Client 7 & 8.X (64-bit and 32-bit) – Advanced / Expert
- Awareness (Preferred)
- SQL database and query knowledge - at least one year (preferred)
- Windows Application Compatibility (ACT)
- Certification Kits (Windows SDK or ACK)
- Debugging tools for Window
- Windows Active Directory
- Enterprise Domain Management
- Group Policy
- Enterprise Management Concepts
- Desktop Virtualization (App-V, MED-V, VDI, Virtual PC, Windows XP Mode)
- Performance and Hardware Compatibility
- Networking Licensing and Volume Activation Security Controls
- Microsoft Office (2007, 2010, 2012, 2013, etc.)
- Microsoft 365
- Domino Lotus Notes
- SharePoint (all aspects)
- Windows System Center
- BMC Remedy (Helpdesk and IT SupportIncident Management)
- General Customer Support Process (Helpdesk)
- Client Software Applications – 3rd Party
Nice to haves - Not required/Mandatory
- ITIL (Change, Incident, Problem)
- Six Sigma (Belt certification not required, but preferred)
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) – Win 8 / Win 7 – Exams 70-687, 688 689
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
- MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist)
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
- Apple iOS
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject or equivalent experiencepreferred.
HelpDesk : IT, Helpdesk Support, Desktop operating systems, Desk Side Support, Desk Side, IT Support, Technical Support, WindowsSupport, MAC Support, MACOSX Support, Remote Support, Support Tech, 24x7, SupportTechnician, Outlook Migration, Exchange Migration, printer support, VOIP Support, LANSupport, WindowsSupport, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows8, antivirus software, spyware, desktop computers, network servers, network printers, remote connections, connectivity, networks, MS Office, desktop technician, PC technician, support engineer, PC support, desktop support, PC ticketing, laptops, fixing, cabling, LAN/WAN, network. Cisco switches, hubs, TCP/IP, IP, troubleshooting, SMS, Active Directory, Dell Kace, Help Desk systems, A+, CompTIA, Dell Support, HP Support