Our Desktop Support Engineers are committed to providing the highest level of technical support for our end-user community. Our mission is to maintain business productivity by providing highly effective customer service and developing innovative solutions to meet the technology needs of the businesses we support. You will engage with and directly support1200 users across our dynamic business and technical environments.
We don't follow a script; each day there is a new opportunity to solve a problem, automate a task, or kickoff a new project. This role will give you exposure to both our corporate user base and trading floor users. You will be exposed to a wide variety of technologies, which fosters multiple opportunities for growth within and across our firm.
Reasons to join our team
- We partner with our business and technology teams to ensure we are resolving issues for our users as quickly and effectively as possible. Instead of escalating issues to these groups, we work directly with them to find and implement a solution.
- Our team works in a fast-paced environment that requires us to constantly be thinking of ways to minimize our workload and maximizing our performance. We have to think quick to get a solution place, but also have the opportunity to research, test and build out longer term solutions to ensure our users aren’t encountering the same issues again and again.
- We stay on our toes and keep busy. You will have plenty of opportunity to get out from behind your desk, whether it’s replacing hardware, moving workstations, or following up with a user to make sure the solution we provided is working for them.
- One of the most interesting parts of our role is the exposure we gain. We get to experiment with cutting-edge technologies, including testing prototype hardware, firmware and software in both our trading and non-trading environments.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a technical support position required
- PC and laptop hardware and software installation and troubleshooting skills required
- Expert knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office 2010/2013 and Windows7/10
- Must be able to lift/move equipment up to 50+ pounds
- BS in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or a similar major preferred
- Scriptingexperience in PowerShell or Python is preferred
- Microsoft SQL experience is a plus
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate. We think it’s important to take your skills and experience into account when determining compensation.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.