Job Duties and Responsibilities ManTech is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer I to join our team. The Desktop Engineer I is a key member of the IT team and will be primarily responsible for supporting the end user technology environment. This will include maintenance and management of company desktops, notebooks, mobile devices, printers, servers and other office equipment and related software. In addition, this individual will participate in the implementation of new hardware and software including the installation and configuration of MS applications on the end user computers. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of and experience working with MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat (multiple versions), and other desktop applications. In addition, thorough experience configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting desktop and laptops computers, servers, printers, scanners, and other peripheral devices is necessary.
Works closely with customers, business partners and other teams to examine existing desktop technical architecture systems and confirms the suitability of the systems to meet business objectives and strategies.
Participates in the design, testing and implementation of desktop technology for medium to large enterprise IT projects.
Recommends changes or specifications for new systems, as needed.
Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the installation and support of PC based systems (PCs, laptops, and tablets, etc.), peripheral devices (printers, scanners, etc.) and software (off-the shelf or custom).
Oversees the implementation of new systems, processes and technology in the enterprise.
Provides support to Port customers requesting assistance utilizing PC based technologies.
The range of support is comprised of hardware equipment functionality, software applications, process support issues, general technical questions and emergency situations due to system failures and repairs.
Determines root cause analysis of problems that exist or are reported by end-users.
Provide desktop support via phone, email, in-person, and remote desktop tools for all local and remote users.
Maintain and perform hardware set up, proper configuration and system modifications to assure high availability and performance.
Escalate unresolved problems to staff with specific expertise, such as developers, network or system engineers, and database administrators in a timely manner
Collaborate effectively with desktop support team members and other IT technicians (network and/or system engineers) to resolve and document issues
Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve application issues following standard operating procedures and using knowledge support tools.
Actively participate in meetings and intercede on behalf of the desktop support team to promote and lead implementation of ITIL v3 Service Operations Service Transition best practices in Incident, Problem and Change Management.
Track and maintain inventory of desktop, laptop, thin clients and peripheral equipment in order to meet the needs of the business.
Qualifications Requires Bachelors Degree and three to five years of related experience.
Additional Qualifications • In-depth technical expertise in desktop system architecture, server architecture, network architecture, applications and how these systems work together.
• Knowledge of current and emerging technologies
• Knowledge of Port-standard software such as the Microsoft Office suite, various version of Windows, VPN, Adobe products, etc. and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills; time management and resource management skills and customer service skills.
• Strong troubleshooting skills in order to identify issues and viable solutions.
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems in a complex client-server environment of Windows networked infrastructure.
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose hardware problems in a standard multi-vendor workstation environment.
• Ability to work effectively independently, in a multi-disciplinary IT or matrix team environment.
• Ability to work in a technically complex, fast-paced and sometimes challenging work environment.
• Excellent customer relations skills.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• ITIL v3 certification
• CompTIA Security+ certification
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) desired