We are looking for Desktop Support for our client in ?????Boston, MA
Job Title: Desktop Support
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Respond and resolve tickets and incidents in accordance with Client policies and procedures as they relate to customer support and updates
- Maintain inventories of all Client IT assets using the Client inventory collection process to secure Commonwealth assets.
- Manage the upgrade of hardware & software when necessary to insure that all services are provided in a secure and timely fashion. This includes but is not limited to new Anti-Virus, Operating System patches, or other mandated software upgrades as directed by Client standards and practices.
- Clearly communicate and/or escalate to their supervisor any IT operations issues or disruptions (planned or unplanned) to minimize user impact.
- Assist Telecom with movement of IP phones as required.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external groups in a team environment to improve overall customer service and support.
- Provide / Utilize any and all resources available through Client and other sources for assistance with problem resolution.
- Implementation of Client enterprise images for Desktops /Laptops according to Client procedures and policy to insure a consistent environment.
- Responsible for timely response and support during scheduled and authorized non-business hours to insure continuity of services to the network environment.
- Install and move assets as required according to Client policies and procedures
- Assist / lead with meetings special projects and other requests as required to maximize the efficient use of IT resources.
- Complete all activities within Client security policies and practices to insure the safety and privacy of data, its clients and its resources.
- Act as the contact person for office wiring/cable installations and performs related duties as required.
- Required to travel to various sites as needed or requested.
- Participate in team meetings as required
- Manage site specific projects as related to networkinfrastructure & server support
- Install, configure and support state issued mobile devices
- Troubleshooting and resolving Network issues and infrastructure as required.
- Configure and maintain backup and restore process to include swapping tapes, restoring files, and transfer of media in accordance with Client policies and procedures
- Support, trouble shoot and configure remote access to assist network users with connectivity to Client network from non-magnet connections.
- Participate in the development of the documentation of servers, infrastructure and practices by providing written and/or verbal communications to effectively maintain a resource of standard practices.
- Provide consultative IT services to IT management and site teams as needed
- Mentor other IT professionals to insure their professional growth and skill set improvement
- Utilize Network Administrative Tools to manage the network and ensure efficiency of system resources
- Build and restore severs as required
- Maintain Disaster recovery package for server rooms as required
- Review server event logs on a daily basis to ensure optimal performance and identify potential issues
- Perform all duties as required and directed.
- Valid driver?s license and access to a vehicle
Qualifications to be successful:
- Accomplishment and proficiency in performing all general and detailed responsibilities and duties
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision as needed to accomplish the responsibilities of the position
- Ability to monitor desktops / Servers and associated network performance
- Working knowledge of how IT Operations group supports the agency?s business needs
- Working knowledge of Helpdesk systems
- Knowledge of the reporting structure and workings of state government
- Skill growth and knowledge attainment in emerging technologies in addition to proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing