As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking a Desktop Manager (Deskside Support), FULL-TIME to join our team in Wilmington, Delaware.
As the birthplace of the Nemours healthcare system, the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del. honors our legacy of delivering exceptional care to the children of the Delaware Valley and beyond. Ranked among the nation’s best pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report and honored with the ANCC’s Magnet Designation for excellence in nursing practice, we offer intensive and acute inpatient and outpatient services covering more than 30 pediatric specialties. We recently completed a multi-phase hospital expansion that includes new inpatient rooms, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Emergency Department. Additionally, Nemours duPont Pediatrics allows us to reach more children across the region through community-based physician services and collaborative partnerships withhealth and hospital systems.
The Desktop Manager role performs all managerial functions including budget management of $2.3M, overseeing team daily operational responsibilities and project coordination. The team consists of a Project lead, an Operations Supervisor and 13 PC support technicians and multimedia specialists. The team is responsible for providing onsite IT support for all Nemours facilities across the North East region. The role is home based at the Nemours primary hospital in Wilmington Delaware.
This role is responsible for providing direction and standards for desktop and peripheral devices. In addition, this role sets direction on and develops metrics as they relate to efficiency, functionality and stewardship. This position will lead the development of reliable methods and implement desktop support improvements using Continuous Improvement/Agile principles. The Desktop Manager is directly involved in providing equipment coordination, resource and support services for acquisitions, new location builds and department moves. The Desk Side Manager will be responsible for creating, managing and implementing a 5-year hardware replenishment plan. As this is a management level position, participation and contributing to IT operations initiatives is imperative. This responsibility will include initiatives outside of the primary daily Desktop operational responsibilities.
Customer Service is fundamental to this position as is team leadership, coaching & development. This position will serve as an escalation point and will be asked to take a leadership role for critical situations affecting the hospital operations, representing Information Services.
This position requires minimum 5+ years of management level experience.
- Provide daily on site direction of Desk Side team activities- including monitoring individual work queues, assigning work and providing status updates, prioritization of tasks and coordination of resources, creating, understanding and enforcing policy, maintaining SOP and reliable method documents.
- Oversee Desk Side Project activities as it relates to the establishment of new Nemours facilities, office relocations, and department moves. Collaborate with Facilities project management to determine direction and need.
- Accountable to ensure the team is meeting defined Service Level Agreements, expected by dates, minimizing and evaluating breached and pended tickets. Monitor staff work and efficiency.
- Manages all aspects of the team, including hiring and performance evaluations.
- Develops partnerships with other IS teams to ensure efficient, effective and timely delivery of IT services. Collaborating with IT Operations counterparts to manage the Nemours hardware platforms across the enterprise.
- Escalation point for any Desk Side related incident requiring management involvement/review.
- Maintain an adequate spare parts inventory of hardware and supplies- ensuring Continuous Improvement methodology is used in daily management of par levels, including maintaining a current inventory listing of PC hardware and software across the environment.
- Recommends, tests and specifies PC hardware and software as technologies advance.
- Conduct rounding sessions with direct reports and ensure regular team communications including team meeting and managing daily huddles. Provide regular performance updates and coaching - provide active feedback of current staff performance and correction/recommendations.
- Manages support plan for Satellite PC Technicians to ensure regular visits and support provided to the Nemours Satellite facilities.
- Facilitate Daily Huddle and Ensure the visibility board are current including metrics and escalated issues.
- Maintain current inventory and asset management including listing of personal computer hardware, printer’s peripherals and software.
- Coach and mentor on Agile and Continuous Improvement principles
- Associate's Degree required, BS/BA highly valued along with relevant management level work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' management level experience.
- Customer Service experience also required. Should be proportional to or exceed Technical Experience.
ITIL Foundation Certified Preferred; HDI Support Center Preferred