• This position is in support of a Department of Defense customer.
• Secret security clearance required. Top Secret Special Compartmented Information (SCI) eligible is desired
• Fix Tier 1 and 2 Remedy Trouble Tickets for Microsoft Windows 7.0 & Win 10 environment
• Troubleshoot Windows 7 & Win 10 outages.
• Resolve assigned Remedy Incidents within 24 hours.
• Performs administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and support of Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, and operating systems.
• Provides Tier 2 IT support for the Customer, providing the technical guidance as well as troubleshooting, installation, removal, and replacement of defective hardware components, drivers and equipment, the installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows 7 & Win 10 operating systems and applications.
• Technician is also responsible for updating and creating assets in Remedy and to create relationships to tickets.
• Technician must be able to troubleshoot wall ports (punch-down) all the way to the switch for breaks or loose connections via Fluke and toner (Fox and Hound).
Mandatory Position Requirements
• Secret security clearance. TS/SCI desired
• CompTIA Security+
• Microsoft Certified Specialist Windows 10, or obtain within 60 days of hire
• Strong experience with Microsoft Windows 7, Win 10, and Microsoft Exchange.
• Basic Networking knowledge.
• 6+ years technical experience in the administration of Windows Operating
Systems, servers and applications.
• Familiar with Remedy ticketing system (Updating assets, creating relationship to
• Incidents (INC) and Change Requests (CRQ).Strong time management skills.
• Strong time management skills.
Desired Position Requirements
• CompTIA A+, Network+, CCNA, MCSE
• Familiar with VTCs and desktop VTCs (Tandberg/Cisco)
• Must be able to use test equipment (FLUKE) to test cable/fiber
• Must be able to terminate CAT5E and Cat6 cables.
• Prior military experience (Navy is a plus)
Hardware Used or Serviced:
• Dell Desktop PCs
• Dell laptops
• HP printers and Digital Senders
• Xerox printers
• CISCO IP Phones
• Blackberry phones
Software/Applications Used or Serviced:
• Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
• Microsoft Office 2013
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Microsoft Exchange
• Blackberry Enterprise Server