An exciting opportunity exists to join the ProAssurance family of companies!
We are a specialty writer of professional liability, products liability and workers' compensation insurance. With over 1,000 employees operating in 40 states, our company is well positioned to offer career opportunities to individuals interested in professional growth.
The primary role of the Intermediate Desktop Engineer is to serve as the main point of contact for users ensuring sufficient coverage at all times for Cisco Automated Call Distributor (ACD) queue, voicemail activity and web ticket submissions. This position requires a strong focus on customer support and satisfaction as well as attention to detail in documentation and processes. This position will focus on tier one end user support.
- Primary focused on the Cisco Automated Call Distributor (ACD) queue to ensure sufficient coverage at all times, voicemail is actively monitored, and web ticket submissions are handled.
- Provides tier one support to end users including but not limited to workstations, proprietary and desktop applications, printers, mobile devices, and A/V equipment or software.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Receives assistance from senior engineers for completion of more complex issues.
- Collaborates with Help Desk peers or other Information Services teams such as systems engineers, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to identify problems.
- Partners with other Information Services departments to support various environments including, but not limited to, Active Directory, Windows, Apple, and Citrix
- Records and categorizes all Help Desk incident or request interactions accurately into the tracking system. Documents, in detail, to facilitate knowledge transfer to Help Desk and Information Services team members. This includes but is not limited to incidents, problems, and knowledgebase articles. Creates, updates, and assists with retirement of knowledgebase articles regarding Desktop Support working procedures
- Utilizes basic understanding of current desktop technologies as well as capability to research and escalate complex issues to management, senior Desktop Engineering team members, or other Information Services personnel as required.
- Uphold the security, integrity and reliability of desktop systems by performing client system routine maintenance or updates as requested.
- Schedules install of new hardware or software and/or existing workstation revisions with user. This includes imaging utilizing SCCM and actively exercising inventory and purchasing controls as per process.
- Assists with execution of technical projects and/or Audit remediation as requested by management
- Participates in After Hours On-Call rotation
- Continual training curriculum provided by Human Resources
- Performs routine duties or assignments as directed