Position Title: Desktop Engineer
Location : Norwich, CT
Duration : 12 Months
Contract : W2
Must Have Skills qualifications:
The SOE Engineer is responsible for the creation of an integrated suite of Windows desktop components including: hardware drivers, the OS, applications and patches. Creation of the suite is achieved through the use of the Microsoft and LANDesk supplied framework and toolsets, as well as script writing to automate the integration of the components supplied by team members. Additional responsibilities of the position include: application scripting, hardware evaluation, system configuration, documentation, testing and troubleshooting.
Typical outputs and deliverables for each role that an SOE engineer would perform would include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Creation of Test Plan documentation.
* Completed test plan results.
Application Scripting Engineer
* Scripts to integrate application packages into SOE build framework in an unattended manor.
* Customization packages of Tier 1 thru Tier 3 applications using standard vendor tool sets such as SCCM, LANDesk, MDT, and PowerShell.
* All related support documentation
SOE Build Engineer
* Creation of the client specific SOE images for multiple networks.
* Operating system modifications to meet client requirements as per CIS hardening standards
* Continuous maintenance of client specific SOE images
* All relevant documentation