We are currently seeking a Desktop Engineer for NorthShore’s Health Information Technology (HIT) Department located at 4901 Searle Parkway, Skokie, IL. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible.
There are 3 roles you will play as a member of this Team:
- Project Support
- Daily Operational Support
- Desktop Engineering
These roles are focused on ensuring that the HealthSystem’s endpoints are meeting all operational performance and reliability targets. The role is responsible for all operational activities related to PCs, Thin Clients, Printers, as well as engaging with partners and vendor demands.
This person is responsible for:
- Serving as the Subject Matter Expert for the purpose of engineering and deployment of client hardware and software.
- Tier II and III troubleshooting incident support
- Providing operational support of NorthShore’s PCs, ThinClients, Printers, software packaging and deployments to over 20,000 endpoints.
- Packaging, deployment, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software
- Ensuring workstation integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Implementing operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of systems
- Assisting in the upgrade and replacement of the HealthSystem’s endpoint hardware lifecycle and Desktop Operating Systems images and Applications.
- Participating in the current and future ITSM processes including but not limited to an incident, problem, and change control processes
- Staying current with technologies, architectures, best practices and methodologies
In your first year, you will…
- Participate in the Health System’s expansion and growth in the Greater Chicago Area
- Gain full understanding and control of the endpoint environment
- Be able to support and document the environment
- Fully able to handle endpoint support as well as handle the majority of the day-to-day operations
As a member of the Desktop Engineering Team you will collaborate with a variety of teams across the organization, including Citrix, Unix, System Admins, Networking, DBA, Cyber Security, Data Center, Application, End User Computing and Help Desk teams. You will work in a fast-paced environment that offers a lot of exposure across all IT functions, with flexible work arrangements and life balance.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience supporting over 10,000 endpoints.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of:
- Microsoft Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) v1810 and above
- Windows Command Shell Script, VBScript, and PowerShell.
- Deploying driver updates, BIOS updates for a range of models, and maintain configuration baselines
- Microsoft Windows environment, concepts, products as well as other industry endpoint standards and protocols
- Active Directory, DFS Management, DHCP reservations, Group Policy Manager, Printer Management and DNS Management
- Microsoft Windows 7, 10 Enterprise, WES7 and IoT
- Setup, configuration, management and ongoing support of systems such as SCCM, PDQ, Wyse Device Manager, HP Device Manager and HP JetAdvantage Security Manager, Global SFTP, Absolute, CheckPoint, Trend.
- A demonstrated ability to be diplomatic and effective in verbal and written communications
- The ability to communicate often with non-technical users about desktop issues
- A demonstrated ability to be proactive and support continuous improvement initiatives including evaluating new technologies to address NorthShore’s business needs
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Practice ITIL methodology for Incident Response, Problem, Configuration, & Change Management
You may also have…
- Microsoft MCSP or MCSA certifications. Desired, but not required.
- HealthCare IT experience
- Office 365 experience
- Past System Center Configuration Manager certifications