If you are an analytical helpdesk professional seeking a fresh, new challenge, this is a brilliant opportunity to develop your career with an innovative business.
For over 30 years, our client’s IT-focused consultancy services have enabled businesses to improve, succeed and flourish. They are now looking for a Desktop Engineer to join them in Deerfield.
Within a welcoming and forward-thinking environment, you will join a talented team who are truly passionate about delivering a first-class service to their customers.
You will have the chance to build on your existing expertise and play a key role in helping our client to maintain their reputation for service excellence.
As a Desktop Engineer, you’ll set-up and support customers’ desktops, laptops and applications.
In this varied role, you will:
- Provide level two and three technical support in a primarily Microsoft-based environment
- Take ownership of the architecture and design of desktop and laptop computer systems
- Assist with hardware and software support, upgrades and computer roll-outs
- Create and maintain new user accounts
- Work with customers to make decisions on desktop and laptop purchases
- Assist with network and system administration
- Research options for short and long-term changes to desktop technologies
- Occasionally visit customer sites to provide support
To be considered, you will need:
- At least three years’ helpdesk experience
- An entry level IT certification, such as the MCP
- The willingness to work towards more advanced certifications
- Access to reliable transportation
Organized and proactive, as a Desktop Engineer, you’ll have excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving. A strong customer-focus and great prioritization abilities are also key.
To apply for the role of Desktop Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Web Recruit LLC. Web Recruit, LLC is in the business of performing recruitment services.
Additional Keywords: Desktop Engineer, Helpdesk Engineer, Helpdesk Support Engineer, IT Helpdesk Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Analyst, Level 2 Support Analyst, Level 3 Support Engineer, IT Support, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer.