NCI: As a Senior Deskside Support Technician (Desktop Support Technician IV), you will act as a model of customer service excellence to all organizational staff members in supporting the Joint Service Provider (JSP) user community. You will be responsible for providing end user support relative to software, hardware, and network assistance. The Deskside Support Technician is predicated on Tier 2 diagnostic experience and judgment, as well as the application of pre-established workflow procedures and instructions to identify research and resolve technical problems. Additionally, the Senior Deskside Support Technician documents, tracks and monitors the incidents, and work orders to ensure a timely resolution. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and supporting desktop calls and emails.
- Providing outstanding customer service face-to-face and via tele-support options.
- Ensuring all customer issues, incidents, and problems are raised within our internal ticketing system and reach resolution within customer contractual timelines with a high level of satisfaction.
- Actively engages in all major incidents: relaying incident information and ensuring high level of coordination and communication.
- Populates knowledge-base of known issues and problem solutions.
- Attends customer-facing meetings in person and via phone conference to deliver information with confidence and professionalism.
- Contribute to special projects assigned by the management team.
- Adjusts priorities to respond to pressing and changing demands caused by operational or project situations.
- Clearance (required at performance start date): active Top Secret with SCI eligibility
- Associates degree in a related Information Technology field with at least seven (7) years of professional experiencesupporting PC hardware and software systems. Additional work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- At least two (2) years of experience working in a Help Desk environment
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAT II (CAP, CASP CE, CISM, CISSP [or Associate], GSLC) or higher.
- Current Computing Environment (CE) certification (required at performance start date): Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Novell Certified Novell Engineer (CNE), or similar vendor certification in the technologies commonly leveraged in this role
- Windows Server supportexperience, including patching, access management, Active Directory, DNS, certificate services, licensing services.
- Working knowledge of basic networking technologies, e.g. VLANs, DHCP, and DNS Servers.
- Experience with AWS technologies and processes.
- Experience with tools and processes involved in new build automation and application deployment or management for Windows.
- ITILv3 Foundation minimum certification preferred.
- HDI Desktop Support Technician or A+ related certifications relevant to personnel roles/responsibilities
- Experience with Jira, Solarwinds or Science Logic, Splunk monitoring tools and process, and Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) technologies
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to synthesize supportexperiences to find or create the tools and processes needed to help scale this function, making yourself and the team more effective.
- Works well with individuals at all levels; able to engage successfully with peers and clients from a wide range of work backgrounds.
- Ability to multi-task, think on your feet, and solve problems creatively.
- Rigorous in your approach to work (Organized, dependable, metrics focused, agile, and and have a high attention to detail).
- Job ID 2018-2754