We are looking for Deskside Support for our client in Hilliard, OH
Job Title: Deskside Support
Job Location: Hilliard, OH
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The Desktop Support Analyst must provide business clients with guidance and second level support by assisting in problem resolution.
- The Analyst acts as the key contact for on-site and remote clients for workstation problems, requests for new equipment or services and production problems and inquiries
- Knowledge about RF Guns and previous experience is a plus.
- Identifies and initiates resolutions to client problems and concerns associated with office automation equipment, hardware and software to the client's satisfaction.
- Provides second level support to the Help Desk Analyst and responds to problem tickets in a timely and efficient manner.
- Receives, coordinates and installs desktop equipment and software according to department standards and procedures, and as needed.
- Interacts with Help Desk and Network Services personnel to provide timely information regarding problem tickets and their resolution.
- Provides desktop visits to business clients to assess their problems, coordinate the right equipment/software to resolve problems or process service requests.
- Maintains contact with clients and second/third level support personnel on operational and production problems.
- Maintains software and hardware registration and inventory to provide upgrades as necessary and ensure appropriate security levels are maintained.
- Upholds the enterprise policy and procedures as well as recommends new and improved guidelines to ensure compatibility and better service to users of personal computers.
- Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology of microcomputers and utilizes state-of-the-art techniques when implementing desktop solutions.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all enterprise departments to optimize working relationships and communication.
- Strives to learn the job functions of the position's immediate supervisor as well as peer level positions with whom the individual interacts.
- Adheres to Service Level Agreements as outlined in the Help Desk Policies and Procedures.
- Should have knowledge in Desktop Imaging & Scripting.
- Extensive knowledge on Hardware & O/S Trouble Shooting.
- Should be expert in deployment of operating systems locally & globally.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Operating System - Windows XP & Windows 7 /8.
- Good understanding of IP telephony setups and installs
- Solid Blackberry and iPhone troubleshooting skills
- Basic understanding of Macs – Nice to have.
- Basic understanding of Networking Technologies.
- Basics of Active Directory and Servers
- Understanding of Helpdesk Ticketing System such as Remedy or Service NOW
- Knowledge on all standard Desktop Applications.
- Excellent customer service skills. – This is a MUST!
- Excellent troubleshooting skills – This is a MUST!
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with various individuals with diverse backgrounds – This is a MUST!
- The ability to learn and understand new technology and skills quickly
- Ability to react to and act upon feedback.
- Must to be a team player
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- BS or BA degree in computer science, business administration or related field is preferred.
- 3 years of personal computer experience.
- Familiarity with existing operating systems is required.
- Experience with MS Office applications suite is required.
- Good oral, telephone and written communication skills.