We are looking for Deskside Support Engineer for our client in Racine, WI
Job Title: Deskside Support Engineer
Job Location: Racine, WI
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- This position assists customers, end users and operating staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology.
- Interaction with multiple levels of end users, managers, dispatch partner is required.
- Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
- A good understanding of general IT services is required.
- "Smart Hands" services and cooperation with subject matter experts to provide "eyes, hands and feet" in support of Networking Equipment, Servers, Telecoms and other IT related equipment.
- Excellent communication and verbal skills.
Roles & Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues for basic Desktop/Laptop/Workstation support, basic connectivity support (wired and wireless), PDAs, BlackBerrys, Smartphones and basic printer support
- Support users with Apple Mac and IOS devices
- Support Multifunctional Devices (MFD) for issues like Scan to Email, Scan to Fax, Email to Fax etc.
- Support In-country PBX networks and PSTN interfaces
- Support Hardware/Software selection and Procurement effort
- Support Hardware Refresh, Redeployment and Disposal activities
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues. Ability to install, configure, reconfigure or reinstall software including remotesupport
- Reimaging computers/hard drives in accordance with customer standards
- IMACD function including installation and decommission.
- Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Taking ownership of issues from end-to-end to reach a resolution for all appropriate requests and incidents.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Remedy ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Trains and orients users on use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Support VIPs on site, if need be
- Coordinate with local cabling vendor for cabling requirements
- Video Conference Support
- Performs other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years' hands on experience in field Support Services
- OEM Certified Technician for ordering parts through OEM and parts replacement
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong Microsoft operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Break / Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers
- Basic knowledge to support Mac devices
- Knowledge to support Multifunctional Devices, Smart Phones, PDAs & BYOD
- Broad experience in IT related services with basic understanding of Networks, Intel Servers and Telecoms
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Ability to successfully pass a background security check
- Experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Handling of Tape Media and basic Back-ups loading and loading techniques
- Rotational On-call for executive support