We are looking for Deskside Support Analyst for our client in Front Royal, VA
Job Title: Deskside Support Analyst
Job Location: Front Royal, VA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The Deskside Support Analyst must provide business clients with guidance and second level support by assisting in problem resolution. The Analyst acts as the key contact for on-site and remote clients for workstation problems, requests for new equipment or services and production problems and inquiries
- Identifies and initiates resolutions to client problems and concerns associated with office automation equipment, hardware and software to the client’s satisfaction.
- Provides second level support to the Help Desk Analyst and responds to problem tickets in a timely and efficient manner.
- Receives, coordinates and installs desktop equipment and software according to department standards and procedures, and as needed.
- Interacts with Help Desk and Network Services personnel to provide timely information regarding problem tickets and their resolution.
- Provides desktop visits to business clients to assess their problems, coordinate the right equipment/software to resolve problems or process service requests.
- Maintains contact with clients and second/third level support personnel on operational and production problems.
- Maintains software and hardware registration and inventory to provide upgrades as necessary and ensure appropriate security levels are maintained.
- Upholds the enterprise policy and procedures as well as recommends new and improved guidelines to ensure compatibility and better service to users of personal computers.
- Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology of microcomputers and utilizes state-of-the-art techniques when implementing desktop solutions.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all enterprise departments to optimize working relationships and communication.
- Strives to learn the job functions of the position’s immediate supervisor as well as peer level positions with whom the individual interacts.
- Adheres to Service Level Agreements as outlined in the Help Desk Policies and Procedures.
- Should have knowledge in Desktop Imaging & Scripting.
- Extensive knowledge on Hardware & O/S Trouble Shooting.
- Should be expert in deployment of operating systems locally & globally.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Operating System - Windows XP & Windows 7 /8.
- Good understanding of IP telephony setups and installs
- Solid Blackberry and iPhone troubleshooting skills
- Basic understanding of Macs – Nice to have.
- Basic understanding of Networking Technologies.
- Basics of Active Directory and Servers
- Understanding of Helpdesk Ticketing System such as Remedy or Service NOW
- Knowledge on all standard Desktop Applications.
- Excellent customer service skills. – This is a MUST!
- Excellent troubleshooting skills – This is a MUST!
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with various individuals with diverse backgrounds – This is a MUST!
- The ability to learn and understand new technology and skills quickly
- Ability to react to and act upon feedback.
- Must to be a team player
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- BS or BA degree in computer science, business administration or related field is preferred.
- 3 years of personal computer experience.
- Familiarity with existing operating systems is required.
- Experience with MS Office applications suite is required.
- Good oral, telephone and written communication skills.
HelpDesk : IT, Helpdesk Support, Desktop operating systems, Desk Side Support, Desk Side, IT Support, Technical Support, WindowsSupport, MAC Support, MACOSX Support, Remote Support, Support Tech, 24x7, SupportTechnician, Outlook Migration, Exchange Migration, printer support, VOIP Support, LANSupport, WindowsSupport, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows8, antivirus software, spyware, desktop computers, network servers, network printers, remote connections, connectivity, networks, MS Office, desktop technician, PC technician, support engineer, PC support, desktop support, PC ticketing, laptops, fixing, cabling, LAN/WAN, network. Cisco switches, hubs, TCP/IP, IP, troubleshooting, SMS, Active Directory, Dell Kace, Help Desk systems, A+, CompTIA, Dell Support, HP Support