PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work with Engineers to design and document SNC’s products while following established design and documentation standards
- Translate concept drawings, verbal descriptions, and sketches into detailed models and drawings in support of specific program tasks
Efforts will include structural, environmental, and manufacturability considerations, including tolerance evaluation to reduce costs and schedule impact for all design efforts, while ensuring compliance with defined standards or best practices as well as contractual requirements. Additionally, detailed knowledge of producibility considerations for mechanical designs/concepts taken into account in day to day tasking
- Will generate and launch Engineering Change Orders (ECO) with associated documentation into Configuration Management (CM) system
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS degree in related field.
- Typical experience is 6+ years.
Experience with configuration management tools
Experience with CAD programs such as CATIA, Solidworks, Creo
Works well in a collaborative, team environment.
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large teams.