As a DSE, you manage the customer relationship from a technical support perspective. You will work closely with other individuals and teams across the company such as the account's assigned Technical Account Manager (TAM) and Sales Key Account Manager (KAM). Together you will develop and execute a seamless plan to ensure that the customer is successful. You will focus on break/fix elements of that plan such as timely and complete incident resolution, professional progress communication, root cause correction (including repeated/chronic issues and process improvement), and technical best practices, while the TAM focuses on customer business objectives, return on investment, product adoption, operational best practices, retention, referenceability and growth.
- Oversee all technical support incidents for assigned accounts and ensure they are managed and prioritized appropriately for assigned customers, ensuring adequate progress toward resolution within service level agreement targets.
- Provide technical leadership and a customer-specific perspective that accelerates resolution of difficult issues.
- Provide timely, articulate, effective and substantive updates via our incident management system and helps others to do the same.
- Identify repeat or chronic break/fix issues and develop and execute plans to correct the root cause. Work cross-functionally to engage others in plan execution.
- Provide proactive technical support by anticipating challenges and issues that may occur.
- Understand the customer's technical environment through regular communication and discussion, and share that detail with others to improve teamwork and success.
- Create and maintain documentation about the customer's environment, providing current architecture, design, and flow of our products in that environment.
- Function as a subject matter expert in one or more areas, at the same level as Level 3 Technical Support Engineers.
- Ability to actively listen, ask good questions and challenge customers appropriately.
- Organize and lead multi-participant customer calls, including critical and difficult escalations with senior executive involvement.
- Champion of the swarming process used for issue resolution, improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the process. Lead swarm activities as needed.
- Analyze customer data such as case trends, traffic, design and configuration issues, and make solid recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinate with Technical Account Manager (TAM) to assist in providing guidance and plans to customers on upcoming product features, maintenance and updates.
- Identify, document, and report issues with design, reliability, and maintenance issues to the proper teams, ensuring that they are aware of and are addressing customer expectations.
- Lead the way in enabling all NICE inContact departments to provide excellent service to customers through training, mentoring and coaching them.
- Create useful knowledge content and updates existing knowledgebase articles using Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) methodology.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor's degree in technology-related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in customer-facing advanced technical support work, preferably in a tier 2/3 technical support role.
- Experience managing enterprise-level customers in a technical support environment.
- Minimum of three years of experience working with and advanced knowledge of technologies such as SaaS, Telecommunications, contact center software, networking technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, SFTP, scripting, load balancers, proxies, firewalls and Relational Databases (MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL).
- Extensive industry experience including understanding of the contact center business, as well as general market & business trends
- Verbal and written communication is professional, assertive, articulate, and friendly while building confidence across all stakeholders you work with.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills while managing diverse and complex issues in high-pressure, complex, multi-platform/system/vendor environments.
- Proven ability to resolve escalated customer problems utilizing appropriate internal and external resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as part of a larger team.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all company teams such as Product Management, Research and Development, Quality Assurance, Professional Services and Executive/Senior Management teams to resolve technical issues.
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required.
- Occasional travel to customer locations may be required.