Indie Semiconductor is a fabless semiconductor company specializing in the design of innovative mixed-signal System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions for automotive applications. Join and grow our Design Centers in the USA.
The Design Validation and Test (DVT) engineer should have a deep and solid understanding of basic EE concepts and can apply them in real life lab work. The member is responsible for defining and executing the validation plans for new semiconductor products at IP and system levels. Close collaboration with the design team is encouraged as our IC designers do spend time in the lab!
- Validate indie’s ICs functionality in the lab against design and application requirements. Tasks include test plan and procedure generation, initial chip bring up, full IP and chip level validation and characterization over process and temperature and debug analysis while the product is in development stage.
- Define and develop the test setups with reasonable tradeoffs between accuracy, measurement time, and cost.
- Develop automation software for the tests using LabView or Python preferably.
- Design hardware fixtures, e.g. a PCB, as a part of the test setup if no off-the-shelf solution is available.
- Collect, consolidate and analyze test data for review with the design and quality teams.
- Participate in board and chip design reviews to make sure all the parameters can be tested. Help implement design features for testing and automation purposes.
With us you must love working within a small entity where everyone makes a difference to the company success. Creativity, Ownership and Excellence we value high.
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- Master´s degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering.
- Solid foundation on basic circuits and demonstrated good understanding on basic analog circuits on areas like transistors, Op Amp, ADC, DAC, oscillator, DC-DC converter and clock. Ethernet, PCIe, Serdes knowledge is a definitive plus.
- Proficient at using various bench test bench equipment such as DMM, power supply, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, signal generator and VNA.
- Enjoy debugging as well as inventing more efficient ways to test indie’s ICs.
- Hands on capability to develop and implement test scripts using LabView and Python programming.
- Systematic and very well organized working style.
- Excellent communication skills as we do have offices in the UK, Austin and California with FAE presence in Asia.