$250K — $500K+*
Architects conceptualize products, provide leadership and drive development of a wide range of smart technology products in the Industrial sector. A key job focus is analyzing technical specifications and system requirements to determine best approaches and feasibility of development within time and cost constraints of project expectations. The role requires comprehensive micro-electronics and mechanical development experience for the building automation products involving audio/video processing, network communication, displays, access control, HVAC system, safety, lighting and power control technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Know and learn component, circuit, product, and process level technologies to support the overall direction of product design and development.
· Define Product Realization Proposals, System Specifications, Product Architectures, PRD, MRD, design reviews, test plans, integration plans, etc., in collaboration with senior technical staff and Customers.
· Guide and oversee the development of systems/products to maintain the consistency and integrity of the product architecture.
· Architect and guide analysis and simulation activities necessary to determine performance, reliability, bandwidth and other system design characteristics.
· Help provide the lowest cost solution that meets the customer needs and expectations. Including concept, functional features, product development, components, and design process.
· Architect requirements for engineering activities in support of platform and product development.
· Architect the development and implementation of platform and products in collaboration with project team members.
· Guide and oversee the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications necessary to maintain the consistency and integrity of the product developments.
· Oversee product design and documentation at a system and product level.
· Work to develop partners and suppliers, when applicable to provide the best technical and cost solution.
· Build Jabil technical and business design space competency; make Jabil experts in this space.
· Work with global design project team to enhance product and technical development overall capability.
· Help sell Jabil Technical Services, services and when applicable, supporting products.
· Make Jabil shine in customer interactions; RFI/RFQ and kickoff interactions.
· As a Jabil System Architect, work with peers and Engineering Teams to develop detailed product design specifications and drive implementation.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by management.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policies.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
· Help drive the development and maintain processes and methods for product and technology architecture development & documentation, system design & documentation, and requirements engineering.
· Identify internal and external resources that can support the product development cycle and architecture cycles.
· Help to identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Coach and mentor team staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual results
· Help to drive individuals and the development teams to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the product development organizational goals. Coordinate activities of development teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Support creation of R&D roadmaps for both products and technology competency.
· Help drive funding activities to realize internal R&D reference platform funding for creation of reference platforms.
· Drive funded R&D reference platforms to completion and customer viewing.
· Drive the development of Intellectual Property, i.e. Patents, proprietary tools sets, etc.
· Provide an open communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information within and outside the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; and encourage input from the team members.
· Asses communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
· Communicate design technical directions and host technology forums.
BUSINESS AND FUNCTIONAL DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the business product development team strategic directions.
· Provide regular updates to Engineering management on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor project costs and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value and tools.
· Provide feedback to Engineering management on cost and cost trends.
· Manage creation and submission of project proposals and quotations.
· Help maintain and drive technology roadmaps and product development strategies for business sector.
Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of vendor software packages.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply math concepts to practical situations.
Ability to apply advanced engineering mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply engineering mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis. .
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree, in Engineering & MS Eng preferred, MBA a plus.
· Minimum of fifteen (15) plus years’ experience required
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Valid through: 4/19/2021
$250K — $250K+
4 days ago
$80K — $100K
17 days ago