Supervise, train, and evaluate design personnel to develop and maintain electrical drawings for customer, distribution, and sub-transmission substations.
- Develop policies, guidelines, methods of operation, and procedures for cost-effective CAD and design. Schedule design employees and coordinate design projects with engineering groups to meet project timelines.
- Provide estimates and explanations of CAD and design costs associated with projects and ensure conformance to both Ameren and industry standards.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the workgroup’s budget and associated activities, and manage expenditures in accordance with financial and operating requirements.
- Interface with other company functions, vendors, architectural/engineering consulting firms, and other associates in matters related to design documents and CAD file compatibility.
- Stay current with state-of-technology developments and improvements in the electrical CAD and design arena, and contribute to the personal and professional development needs of the designers in the group.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
EXPERIENCE: At least five years of electrical design or related experience is required, preferably in the substation, relaying, and/or power plant switchyard areas. Experience with AutoCAD and Microstation platforms is also required.
The following is preferred:
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical, particularly in schematic design and intelligent wiring applications.
- Experience with document management software such as Autodesk Vault.
- Experience with project management software such as Microsoft Project or Primavera.