Design is at the forefront of everything we do. As a Design Strategist, you will help shape the future by designing products that harness the power of Google to delight and inspire people worldwide. You are a design leader who is passionate about improving people's lives through design and technology.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Lead design projects that either seek to conceptualize individual products or define the vision for a category as a whole.
- Create compelling visual product pitches and strategy decks showing solutions and context for both peers, users and leadership.
- Conduct, analyze, and synthesize primary and secondary research as a means to identify opportunities that can achieve lasting market impact.
- Facilitate innovation through workshops with designers, stakeholders and potential users. Lead internal initiatives to improve our culture, management, tools and processes.
- Collaborate with team leads, researchers, producers and product managers to define/refine scopes, briefs, and approaches to the projects. Ensure that user needs and motivations are kept top of mind for stakeholders and designers throughout the design process.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in product innovation, design consulting, strategy consulting, startup environment or equivalent.
- A portfolio demonstrating your work.
- DMBA/MDES/MA or MS/MSc Degree with focus on Design or Design Strategy.
- 3 years of experience in a consulting environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of design methodology, technologies, and tools (e.g. personas, journey maps, information architecture, wireframes, mental models, etc).
- Ability to convey an elevated design point-of-view.
- A passion for design and emerging trends, products and technology.
- Developed presentation and communication skills.