?Job Title: Design Release Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Experience Level (Years) 3-6 years
- The Connected Services Design Release Engineer works with external/internal groups/suppliers to produce the development plan of the various components within the complete system for the features assigned to them.
The Connected Services Design Release Engineer will be responsible for participating in and performing, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Lead Development of feature to Customer launch
- Work with Architects to review design requirements,
- Work with Suppliers to implement development based on requirements.
- Integration test and work with Qualification team to generate test cases.
- Work on Change Requests and Continuous Improvements and change management of Connected Vehicle applications and services
- Work onsite with engineering and stake holders to build relationships and find ways to leverage and maximize technical documentation
- Responsible for developing and maintaining all components and interface specified for the feature
- Development of plans by WBS with multiple stake holders involved in the feature
- Understand data flows as it relates to the cloud to comprehend all SDP requirements
- Manage change process for all system interfaces (CRs, Continuous Improvements, and Defect Resolution)
- Manage and coordinate with suppliers/partners to ensure completeness for interface and component development
- Managing issue triage, prioritization and resolution working closely with business and development teams
- Weekly status presentation to management and stakeholders
- Setup and run weekly working level meetings with key stakeholders
- BSEE, BSCS or Information Technologydegree
3+ Years of current continuous Automotive Electrical and/or Connectivity work experience including:
- 1 year in automotive electrical development and design.
- 1 year in telematics connectivity.
- NO ENTRY LEVEL!
Technical skills include:
- Vehicle CAN Bus tools, Logging tools, Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Technically astute in automotive based electronics hardware, software & quality systems, mobile handset and server based electronics hardware & software
- Ability to understand feature specifications, functional and timing requirements and plan test scenarios
- Experience in feature development, testing and validation
- Experience in defect/issue defect resolution and management
- Excellent Organization & Communication Skills with sound decision making
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects and tasks
- Fast Learner, Clear, concise, precise communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to discern what issues need management escalation and when.
- Ability to lead piers and suppliers to achieve goals.
- Pleasantly aggressive personality, self-motivated, organized.
- Comfortable when working in a loosely defined role.
- Passion for telematics and internet / Smart Phone based applications.
Travel and Driving Notes:
- Will be required to drive a company car. A valid driver?s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically up to 20
- Vehicle CAN Bus tools, Logging tools