The M+W Group is the leading global partner for architecture, engineering, construction and project management in the fields of Advanced Technology Facilities, the Life Science industries, Energy & Environmental Technologies, Mission Critical, Electronics and other High-Tech Infrastructures. Our focus is technically complex; from concept development to turnkey services, our company manages projects of all sizes ensuring flexibility, rapid realization and cost-effective completion.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees. Our teams bring outstanding expertise to every project, from business and strategic planning to facility maintenance and operations.
We create extraordinary solutions, delivering the unexpected by listening and responding with ingenuity and innovation.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Project Manager provides leadership on assigned projects and acts to achieve financial, schedule, and client relationship objectives. The Project Manager plans and organizes all engineering functions specific to the project, coordinates client interaction between the project team and client and provides guidance on recommended manpower and technical resource loading.
The successful candidate will have strong experience in running engineering/design projects in Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and the Life Sciences.
- Experience supporting the Construction phases of the above projects
- Experience managing a range of engineering design projects is required; specifically with A&E companies.
- Proven ability, capacity, and aptitude with planning, organizing, supervising, delegating, coordinating technical work, and obtaining cooperation from others (must be able to build rapport with project teams)
- Effective communicator as evidenced through references and interviews
- High level of scheduling skills – familiar with the use of Primavera P6 and MS Project.
- Skilled in the use of IT tools, including spreadsheets, word processing, planning, and scheduling software.
- Understanding of Earned Value and other project controls methods as they pertain to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Life Sciences industries.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 15years of experience in a Project Management role.
- Strong experience running Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Life Sciences engineering/design projects.
Physical or Mental Requirements:
- Able to travel as necessary, or frequently, by car or airplane with occasional overnight stays required.
- Able to Stand/Sit/Walk up for long periods, up to 8 hours or greater per day.
- Able to work with occasional exposure to all weather conditions.