Sealed Air's Gobal Engineering group is seeking a strong Design and Project Engineer to join our team. Use your strong engineering design, project management and your knowledge of manufacturing processes to improve equipment design and efficiency. You will be involved with large and small projects and will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the operation. This could be a great growth role and could lead to many greater opportunities.
This engineer will be responsible for the design, installation, and startup of production and process equipment in any of the global SEE manufacturing plants. Candidates must have 5+ years with design and project engineering. These skills will be applied to the development and/or improvement of process equipment on extrusion and converting production lines. The project assignments may also include modifications/retrofits to existing equipment. International travel is required. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Design and project engineering. Work with a cross functional team to develop scope, budget, and schedules and then execute projects to exceed customer expectations.
- Must be able to collaborate with multi-discipline teams consisting of engineering, EH&S, management, internal customers, and suppliers to ensure solutions are cost effective and meet the desired design criteria.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with internal manufacturing resources, internal product development resources, external suppliers, and contractors to complete projects on time and budget.
- Apply strong technical skills to all facets of the project to include planning and solution development, equipment specification, design, and startup.
- Identify / evaluate new technologies that can be incorporated into the existing processes to improve yield, increase throughput, and/or reduce cost.
- Communicate and document design intent
- Develop contingency plans to ensure that there are ‘no surprises’ on projects.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Minimum 5years of experience with design and project engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively apply technical and project management skills to successfully complete multiple projects.
- Strong preference for candidates that have a blend of mechanical and electrical engineering skills.
- Electrical engineers should have a strong working knowledge of HMI Software (GE Proficy and / or Rockwell RSViews), Allen Bradley PLC’s and VS Drives, Temperature Control Systems, and Industrialnetworks along with experience in Control System Design and tuning. High voltageexperience is a plus.
- Mechanical engineers should have strong 3D design skills and experience with computer aided engineering tools such as SolidWorks Composer, Matlab, FEA / CFD Simulation, DriveWorks, etc. A PE license is a plus.
- Excellent skills with MS Office and project management tools
- Work experience in manufacturing, plastic packaging or extrusion a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, take initiative and drive for results to exceed customer expectations.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, a collaborative work style and ability to effectively work with an interdisciplinary team
Requisition id: 15607