- Plan, initiate, implement and drive to conclusion the development of mechanical fastener concepts and solutions to meet the emerging needs of targeted growth industries
- Work with technical experts within AFS, Arconic Technical Center (ATC), and Arconic’s customer base to deepen understanding of the fastener/sheet interplay, leading to commercialization of improved and differentiated solutions
- Build collaborative relationships with Arconic’s automotive customers, becoming integrated with Arconic’s automotive facing resources to develop robust and sustainable customer relationships
- Identify and assess new and emerging technologies that present opportunities for, or threats to, Arconic’s business interests and execute strategies to positively position Arconic
- Support customers with troubleshooting support through detailed analysis of fastener and installation system problems and with AFS-customer partnerships to develop and deploy corrective actions
- Complete all backup, filing and data management associated with work activities to ensure the creation and maintenance of a reliable database of key, proprietary information
- Provide feedback to Operations management on opportunities for manufacturing process improvements that improve safety, produce higher quality, reduce costs, or increase productivity
- Participate as a key member of cross-functional teams to engage in product design and commercialization and manufacturing process improvement activities in support of business strategy implementation
- Ensure all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards
- Maintain full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conduct all work activities in accordance with the Arconic Guide to Business Conduct
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal/team skills; ability to build positive relationships with people internal/external to the organization.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced, goal oriented environment.
- Organizational skills to complete a variety of tasks and assignments in an effective manner.
- Problem-solving skills; ability to arrive at reliable conclusions based on analysis of factual information.
- Good communication skills; ability to convey a range of information clearly and effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 5 years of Engineering experience in manufacturing
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is in Mechanical, Structural, or Metallurgical Engineering, from an accredited institution
- 6+ years of experience in the design and commercialization of high-volume, metal products, preferably in the field of automotive or structural fasteners and installation tools
- Project management or project engineer experience
- Familiarity with automotive assembly methods, materials, and product forms
- Metallurgical experience
- Experience with CAD software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, CoCreate
- Experience with plastic FEA analysis tools such as Deform or ABACUS is a plus
- PE license is a plus