Join a team of designers who are passionate about creating a cutting-edge VR experience and establishing Oculus as an industry leader. You will be expected to use your full range of program management, product design, interaction design, and visual design experiences, and you will own the full end-to-end design development process. This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park.
DPMs at Facebook are passionate connectors and problem solvers. We support all operational aspects of the product design team to improve team communication, remove roadblocks, and ensure the design team can spend their time designing. Above all else, DPMs ensure that teams are stable and running well in order to allow designers, researchers and content strategists to focus on their work. We strive to communicate, connect and simplify.
- Establish and manage new design programs and design-driven initiatives, guides & tools that better define our workspace
- Help capture the small details, principles & guidelines to create a single source of truth for our product teams working on Oculus
- Develop close cross-functional relationships and partner with designers in London, Seattle and Menlo Park to define goals, track progress and communicate results
- Work closely with designers, design managers, product managers, engineer managers and a myriad of cross-functional partners
- Support the design manager and a team of designers (product, 3D/visual/motion, and tech artists/prototypers) with effective team communication, proactive problem solving, information distribution, and flag escalations
- Facilitate meetings including preparing agendas, keeping conversation on-track and establishing action items and owners
- Drive all design related activities and ensure design timelines are known, clear and communicated to our cross-functional partners
- Build impactful relationships across the design team in Menlo Park as well as Seattle and London
- Experience working with designers and design agencies
- 6+ years of experience as a producer, project manager or program manager with experience establishing programs, supporting teams, and developing relationships
- Experience operating independently and delivering results
- Experience in product design, UX and strategy
- Experience shipping consumer products
- Strong communication skills and a self-starter