Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, develop, repair and perform complex and/or innovative analysis of products and/or components. May involve preparation of drawings; cost estimates, basic design concepts that include repair and evaluation of material discrepancies relative to the final design concept. Develop detailed information for the definition and procurement of the required components. Examine product designs for application, material research and typical design considerations.
- Create, validate and verify designs from customer high-level system or internal product requirements. Perform a variety of mathematical analyses. Select concept designs and perform systems analyses using commercial analytical software.
- Direct all phases of projects from inception through completion. Establish milestones and monitor compliance with plans and schedules. Identify project problems and develop solutions. Is responsible for cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned projects.
- Participate in formal reviews such as Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR) and Critical Design Reviews (CDR). Prepare presentations for submission to customers and internal management. Publish technical reports.
- Provide support to new business proposal efforts.
- Apply principles and techniques of engineering to accomplish goals. May use computer-assisted engineering and design software tools and equipment to perform assignments.
- Establish and maintain effective communication withinternal/external customers to facilitate problem identification/resolution. Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, on design and/or repair concepts throughout a diverse subject matter as well as with company employees and customers.
- Direct or participate in the direction of work assigned to project teams. Ability to obtain/maintain security clearance. Ability to work and interface effectively as part of a team. Maintain records, data and other pertinent information. Research a variety of technical information and historical background data as required.
Area of concentration is mechanical.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Broad knowledge of an advanced and technically specialized field of Engineering, with concentration in at least one of the following disciplines: mechanical, electrical/electronics, systems, software, project and reliabilityengineering. Ability to implement engineering designs from concept to final hardware. Working knowledge of MS office suite products, including MS Project software. Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Fluent verbal/written communication skills. Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field plus courses leading to Master’s degree. Master’s preferred. 7 to 10 years of progressive related experience. MUSt be US Citizen