Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA is opening its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world’s largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
Leads and optimizes the process of managing the design process from design frozen through adaptation and artwork & pre-press, and ensure that files created by our partners are ready for print or digital publishing. Partners with Brand Design team to ensure efficient workflow between the creative and executional phases, and responsible for development, industrialization and delivery of branded packaging and POS materials, with focus on achieving results on time, on budget, and according to defined quality standards (design/print quality). Identifies synergies and efficiencies across the organization to bring packaging-based designs and digital adaptations to market faster, across all visual communication channels. Manages relationships and quality standards for adaptation agencies, artwork & pre-press partners, & printers. Responsible for building the optimal design operations team to bring designs to consumers that are efficient, accurate and meeting Nestle standards.
• Responsible for implementing, optimizing and training the organization on the Nestle Design & Artwork execution process.
• Leads the project management team responsible for on-time, on budget and accurate delivery of design and adaptation projects related to packaging and spanning applications including packaging, POS, sales materials and simple digital activations.
• Responsible for ensuring the packaging and related adaptations adhere to the brand brief and brand design guidelines
• Responsible for briefing pre-press/repro partner in the timings agreed and provides the required technical printing and supply chain details required for artwork/pre-press briefs.
• Develops/implements process for the digital asset creation and archiving of packaging and related design assets. Responsible for ensuring final artwork and digital assets are made available via digital asset repository
• Responsible for ensuring Nestlé proprietary colours are reproduced with absolute accuracy regardless of materials through final sign-off of colour prints or targets
• Leads team responsible for delivery of all required files to the pre-press/repro partner and printers so packs can be printed and delivered to the factories on time for the assigned brands/products.
• Manages process for creation of CGI and digital renders of packaging and packaging/product-related visuals for eCommerce, including selecting and monitoring quality standards with external partners
• Exhibits expertise and interest in excellence and innovation in print execution, supporting marketing in making appropriate current and future choices to ensure the best ultimate execution
• Leads the day-to-day relationship with in-house and external adaptation, artwork & pre-press partners, including establishing and monitoring KPIs. Collaborates closely with Procurement and Marketing to ensure partner network provides efficiency, quality, and added value.
Receives direct supervision from the Head of Brand Design
This role supervises a manager
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• 8+ years’ experience in design or adaptation project management with deep experience in artwork and print production for packaging, or 6+ years design adaptation and pre-press agency experience in account management and/or project management. Ideally experience in both.
• Experience in leading and managing cross-functional teams, managing agency relationships, and in-depth experience managing packaging artwork projects from brief development through to print execution
• Experience with CGI and digital asset creation, with interest and ability to continuously monitor and improve Nestlé’s competency related to digitalization of packaging and related brand properties.
• Expert understanding of design and artwork requirements for FMCG packaging (formats, substrates, and print processes)
• Strong project management and process optimization skills along with leadership skills, including experience working with digital workflows.
• Ability to provide strong POV, evaluate adaptations of brand standards and adaptive packaging designs with ability to provide actionable feedback to agencies.
• At ease and confident working with cross functional and cross cultural teams
• Ability and experience managing and motivating a team (including creative team)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office, proficiency of design tools (Adobe CS), and experience working with digital asset management systems
• Eye for detail and exceptional standards for reproduction fidelity