Have you been looking for the chance to use your expertise to make a real difference in an organization? Manitowoc Cranes* is seeking a Design & Manufacturing Engineer to join our team! In this role, you’ll independently carry out moderately complex projects from start to finish by planning, directing, coordinating and controlling the engineering/production effort directly related to the National Crane Boom Truck Value Stream. Reporting to the Sr. Engineering Manager, this position is located in Shady Grove, Pennsylvania. If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride, and satisfaction. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide technical support and leadership in area(s) of assigned responsibility including Manufacturing engineering, final assembly quality and any process related activities for improving production through-put.
- Plan, direct and control engineering & manufacturing effort directly related to assigned projects, including establishing program criteria, planning & scheduling.
- Work with internal and external suppliers to validate product quality meet Manitowoc specifications.
- Prepare project development criteria in accordance with management objectives.
- Maintain close contact and coordinate activities with other groups within the National Crane Boom Truck Value Stream.
- Provide Product Engineering support on special projects or customer design requirements for whole goods or field problem issues as required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required with a minimum five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment dealing with both design and manufacturing engineering concepts.
- In lieu of degree, High School Diploma with a minimum 13 years of Engineering or production management experiencerequired.
- Experience with manufacturing and/or machining tools such as a CNC plasma, drills, welders, and being able to facilitate part fabrication is preferred.
- Experience with engineering software is a plus, preferably Creo, AutoCAD, and/or SolidWorks.
- Must possess good communication skills, as incumbent will interact with shop floor employees, production supervisors, and other shop support personnel; interaction with Engineering, Quality, and Aftermarket personnel will also occur on occasion depending on project assignments.
- Must be able to work independently with a strong work ethic and proven track record of project execution, not only successfully but timely.
- May be required to supervise the work of contract resources.
- This position will be located in a production shop floor environment approximately 75% of the time with exposure to the test yard area as required. Safe working practices are required. Travel is limited; 10% of the time or less, based on business conditions.