Global Design is the creative, visionary team responsible for the Colgate-Palmolive global portfolio of products which are found in 75% of every home in the world. We have over 20 brands in four categories – Home Care, Oral Care, Personal Care and Pet Care. Our deliverables range from the emotional components of a brand (look, tone and feel, brand identity) to the visual identity (product and package design, digital, video and photo production) for all of our brands.
To the Director of Experience Design within Global Design and with a dotted line to the Head of Technology Insights.
- Set a vision and strategy for research within the design team, and bring an element of rigor and play to ethnographic research and observation.
- Effectively communicate creative strategy to influence design solutions.
- Provide thought-provoking and breakthrough people centered direction to project teams
- Organize and understand customer data by making findings relevant and impactful through different mediums, and will advocate customer needs through storytelling, including writing, visual, and verbal communication that helps other teams build empathy for all the users we’re designing for.
- Work on category projects as well as strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with other insights, innovation, technology, and design teams to integrate research and user validation throughout the design process and ensure an enjoyable user experience is holistically designed.
- Share ideas and learnings to guide product and innovation heads to ensure projects are well-defined, impactful, and successfully executed
- Define, lead and grow the Design Research discipline
- Help us drive Design-led innovation and Human Centered mindset around the world
- Attract and hire new design research talent, as well as mentor and support career growth and professional development for existing and new hires*.
Optimistic: You are positive and always look for the favorable side of a situation.
Curious: You have an intense desire to know, understand and grow.
Resilient: You adapt. You bounce back and stay calm in the face of crisis.
Courage: You are not fearful in the face of stress, conflict or danger.You speak up and take smart risks.
Humility: You are modest in the estimate of your own importance.
Empathy: You value the feelings, thoughts and attitudes of others.
- Degree in such areas as Anthropology, Human Factors, Human Centered Design User Experience Research, Psychology, Design Discipline (ID, Digital, Graphic etc), Engineering, Marketing, or Behavioral Sciences.
- Minimum 5+ years of professional research experience in-house, agency, or working in CPG (consumer products)
- Experience leading and coaching qualitative research, with familiarity with a variety of methodologies and processes: research operations, prototyping to learn, user experience, ethnographic research, quantitative/hybrid research and data-driven insights, and remote research.
- Experience translating/synthesizing research insights to create relevant and meaningful experiences