Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervises direct reports on the Design team and participates in strategy and decision making as a member of the department's leadership group.
- Meets regularly with team members to offer guidance, provide constructive feedback, conduct performance assessments, facilitate the team’s best work, and ensure adherence to best practices.
- Evaluates team members’ goals and objectives and ensures that department goals are being met.
- Manages the career growth and development of direct reports.
- Facilitates team training via internal and external sources as well as providing mentoring on an individual basis.
- Fosters a safe work environment by ensuring all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace are addressed immediately.
- Assists the Director of Design Management with project staffing, hiring, and onboarding.
- Collaborates with Department Head and Leads to develop, refine, and document best practices.
- Regularly plays games in development and reviews content to provide feedback and help identify opportunities for craft development.
- Builds and maintains relationships with peers and other senior leaders to align project and departmental priorities.
- Advocates for studio cultural values and fosters an environment of craft excellence, collaboration, and inclusion.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises design team and acts primarily as a people leader.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Seven to ten years’ experience; or combination/equivalent of education and experience
- Dedication towards individuals and team growth.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment.
- Must be flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables.
- Needs to be able to work independently and efficiently.
- Ability to multitask several time intensive tasks at once.
- Must be willing to put the needs of the team first, especially when team members require guidance and mentoring.