At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale.
We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring innovative ideas to solve challenging problems.
Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
As a Gensler Senior Architect/Project Manager, you will leverage your attention to detail and interpersonal skills to deliver exceptional client projects on time and on budget. Grow your project managementexperience while working on trendsetting projects across industries.
- Organize and manage project teams and assignments
- Oversee coordination of projects
- Lead project coordination for the plans, elevations, sections, details, schedules specifications and material selections required for construction
- Manage project timelines and schedules
- Review technical documents to ensure accuracy
- Lead coordination of consultants, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Oversee the construction administration of project assignments with focus on managing design intent and quality control
- Lead coordination with contractors, fabricators and regulatory agencies to ensure constructed project meets overall project objectives
- Resolution of complex technical and design issues as they arise during document preparation and construction administration
- Manage all phases of projects, including project set-up, design, and construction administration
- Create and communicate clear and attainable project objectives and project requirements
- Manage project scheduling, budgets, and set-up with clients, sub-contractors, vendors and consultants
- Manage a range of project team sizes, comprised of project architects, interior designers and job captains
- Track financial performance of project
- Prepare project proposals, negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process
- Ensure projects conform to contract
- 10+ years of related experience, including demonstrated success as a project manager on various project types
- Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Design or foreign equivalent, licensed preferred
- Strong leadership, communications and relationship management skills
- Revit skills required – Knowledge of AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Sketch Up, Rhino, Grasshopper, Adobe Suite, Photoshop, and Illustrator preferred
- Construction documentation and/or design detail development experience
- Experience in corporate interiors projects preferred
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact, grace and style
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle, through post-occupancy
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring multiple project teams
- Experience negotiating project scope and fees
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures in Costa Rica
- Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility on various project types
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- International experience a plus
- 100% bilingual Spanish-English