Position at McCarthy
- Provide leadership through the design function to help teams achieve our business strategy, goals and objectives broadly. Use the design function to help lead the continuous improvement of the organization and our projects.
- With input from the Project, Precon and Design directors as well as the larger team, develop a design packaging strategy to meet owner requirements, McCarthy business strategy, drive innovation and deliver a successful project.
- Define, schedule and monitor design deliverables on projects to meet quality and schedule as well as prevent cost and scope creep. Manage conflicts within the design documents
- Manage the RFI process for communication between the Owner and the team.
- Host and manage Value Analysis sessions to look for cost effective approaches.
- Coordinate with Owner vendors to ensure requirements are incorporated.
- Develop RFP’s for design firm responses or design build/ design assist subcontractor responses
- Lead the development of pursuit designs
- Contracting: Prepare designer and subcontractor Scopes of Work ensure no gaps in design services.
- Budget: Coordinate designs to control budgets and communicate to the team via a Trend Logs.
- Build effective and strong relationships with Executive Management/Business Unit Leaders/Key Division Management
- Build effective and strong relationships with Key Owners/Architects/Engineers
- Support the development of workload and workflow management systems.
- Lead a continuous improvement process to grow team capabilities and use design to improve the organization. Document Lessons Learned and Best Practices.
- Engage with project teams to support field operations and coordinate the engineering and precon resources to support during construction and commissioning.
- 5 plus years’ experience in project or design management positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering related field required
- Strong facilitator capabilities
- Ability to direct the design team to positive outcomes for the project.
- Hands-on field experience in design and construction is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with photovoltaic systems is preferred.
- Proficiency in software programs: PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel, Word.
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.