Immediate opening with immediate start date. Any interest in an immediate interview? Salary is negotiable.
Are you ready for your next career challenge? Would you like to work for a growing leader in building material supplies company in the US where you can grow your career in a vibrant, dynamic environment that encourages employees to never stop learning? If your answer is yes, and you are ready for a new opportunity, then consider this as your solution.
We have been retained by a leading material supplies to find the best and brightest Design Manager in the Mount Horeb, WI area to team with their team. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, the cost of living, the compensation and the quality of life.
Is this you??? – Design Manager
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of experience in related field/responsibilities
- Proficiency in the use of MiTek and other design related software.
- Working knowledge of floor, roof and wall panel systems; ability to spec out beams and hangars
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Ability to "Get the job done" regardless of industry, customer or organizational hurdles
- Strong math skills
Design Manager Summary
The Design Manager is responsible for the accurate design of roof/floor trusses and walls components for single family, multi-family and commercial projects. He/she works under thegeneral direction of the plant manager and is highly motivated with exceptional design skills, managerial abilities and an absolute "pride for excellence."
- Designs met Designs metal plate connected wood roof/floor trusses and wall panels utilizing MiTek Sapphire software
- Optimizes designs for maximum efficiency
- Provides layouts and performs engineering using ability to understand blueprints and requirements for projects.
- Reviews orders, layouts and data files for accuracy
- Resolves architectural and structural design conflicts; understands loading conditions.
- Ensures economical/proper use of materials per current inventory levels and material costs
- Monitors departmental output to ensure efficient resource utilization and initiates corrective action as required
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of factory equipment to produce highly cost effective and production friendly designs.
- Staffs, trains, develops and coaches design team, evaluates performance and initiates corrective action as required
- Co-ordinates/assists with sales, estimating, production, engineering and architects to achieve customer schedules and cost objectives.
- Performs job site inspections and resolves customer service issues
- Performs other duties as required
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, including customers, peers, and management
- Ability to multitask and manage several activities and projects at once
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, prepare plans, meet deadlines, goals and budgets.
- Ability to sit at a desk for prolonged periods of time, be mobile in the work environment, and work hours mandated by management
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Highly ethical, professional, motivated and enthusiastic
- Self-managing; works well under little supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong communicator
- A team player who supports company goals
Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship is not available.