ABOUT THE ROLE
Stitch Fix is looking for a DESIGN MANAGER with deep experience in designing men’s or women’s activewear to scale our active business and continue to grow our knits and sweater businesses. This designer will be a key member of the small-but-mighty men’s active team creating and executing a strategy to scale our active Exclusive Band (EB) named 01. Algo by designing all categories. This role requires exceptional design, trend and concept talent, a strong strategic mindset with critical thinking skills, excitement to use data to delight our clients, and a collaborative nature to develop deep and strong partnerships across our team and vendor partners.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL...
- Create a long range product design strategy to fuel growth for our active product that includes early fabric development, wear-testing, and client feedback with a highly collaborative team to design and launch products for a diverse range of clients.
- Using cutting edge research tools, create seasonal trend presentations with targeted recommendations by class to inform seasonal roadmap and create product briefs for active, knits, and sweaters.
- Create a library of signature details for product categories. Present color palettes, artwork inspiration, directional tears, and technical sketches to the team in a design brief. Partner with product development, technical design, and buying to execute the vision.
- Use custom intuitive software to analyze data about fit, style, price, and quality of our EB and market product to understand client preferences. We can slice the data by age, body type, spendiness, and general style preferences.
- Foster and maintain a fun and collaborative work environment where each team member is empowered to make the best choice for our clients and drive for mutual success of our businesses through the lens of our SFIX values.
- Act as our clients' strongest advocate -our goal at Stitch Fix is connect clients with products they love. Use the art of trend with the science of data to hone in on what our clients need.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE…
- You have 8-10 years of experience in product design experience with a majority of your experience focusing on active categories. Non-active knits and sweaters experience is a bonus.
- You are able to work from our San Francisco headquarters and travel up to 20% of the time once CDC guidelines have deemed it safe and our San Francisco office has opened to our employees.
- You are an influential and inspiring communicator who can articulate a product vision through images, sketches, mood boards and rally the team towards a cohesive vision and bring the product all the way through the product life cycle.
- You have a strategic mindset. You can create an innovation calendar and lay out a multi-year range plan that takes into account our current product assortment, vendor capabilities, and white space. You will be able to prioritize key styles to satisfy our clients need and when they need it
- You have a deep knowledge of activewear for an adult customer. You have a comprehensive understanding of the most current fabrics, performance properties, fits, and details and how they inform better solutions for clients with different preferences.
- You are a creative problem solver who is motivated by challenges. 01.Algo is a scaling brand in a scaling menswear business. We need a designer who can evolve their approach to design, be flexible as the business changes, and identify solutions to complex challenges.
- You are excited to create both core products that will drive growth in the business as well as fringe styles with more targeted end uses.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX:
- We are a group of bright and kind people who are motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day