You have options as a consultant, why not become an employee owner and participate in profit sharing as you have impact improving the education facilities of tomorrow for our local community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plans, organizes, and directs the design activities for the School Upgrade Program and critical repair projects. Functions as the lead design professional in the Design Department providing quality review, implementation of policy and procedures and interface and coordinates with the Division of State Architects (DSA)
· Manages, develops, and coordinates the District’s design process for the Facilities Planning and Development Division to ensure that plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental and legal requirements
· Manages multiple projects through interaction with Architects, consultants, and District personnel from project conception, through draft to final review, approval, and handoff to Project Execution
· Oversees the building design process to ensure compliance with LAUSD’s standards and guidelines for the District by working with design professionals and various District administrators to ensure that new and modernized structures meet both educational and building standards requirements
· Establishes and follows a process to identify and select the architectural firm best suited for each project based on the firms’ qualifications and ability to meet performance standards
· Provides Architects with clear and consistent direction with regard to goals and objectives, standards, site, schedule, and budget for each project
· Establishes and follows an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for the project, provides maximum value for dollars budgeted, and are appropriate and enduring to meet the functional needs of the District, the local community, and the environment
· Ensures that decisions are made in a timely manner
· Ensures that all steps within the project are documented and that the documentation meets legal requirements
· Reviews design changes submitted to ensure project remains within budget
· Recommends architectural firm assignment from an established list of pre-qualified architectural firms
· Participates in community relations and outreach programs to create understanding and acceptance of District building projects design within the community
· Coordinates with a host of professional staff who support the design function for the District
· Develops continuing education opportunities, i.e., seminars and workshops, to learn and share-up-to-date information on working with architects and contractors
· Coordinates project activities with other District organizational branches and departments such as the Office of the Environmental Health and Safety, A/E Design Services, Maintenance and Operations, School Occupancy Transitional Unit, Asbestos Technical Unit and Local Districts
· 10 years full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that includes the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities is required
· 5 years of this experience must be with the design, planning and construction of educational facilities or similar public agencies is required
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering is required
· An RA or PE credential is preferred
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kitchell is an employee-owned company founded in 1950. We provide general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our employee-owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California and Texas. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth with in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. We prefer to grow from within, building careers and financial stability through long-term ownership. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including profit sharing, discretionary stock options, incentive bonuses, health and life insurance, health savings accounts (HSA) with wellness incentives, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.