Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. When joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as our employees.
As Design Manager, you will be part of Facilities team and report directly to the Director of Engineering Operations, and Planning.
As Design Manager, you have …
- A functional knowledge of construction methods and equipment installation/inspection.
- General and current knowledge of project management, construction, engineering and maintenance fields.
- A thorough knowledge of NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, International Building Code, ASHRAE, Joint Commission regulations and all local, state and national building codes.
- Functional knowledge of computer applications (PC- and network-based), including Windows, departmental e-mail, word processing, database, spreadsheet, project management, presentation and CADD packages.
- The ability to generate clear design direction and convey the same to Design Professionals, Designers, and Drafters.
- To interact professionally with JHM/departmental staff as well as contractors, manufacturers, vendors and consultants.
A typical day may include…
- Provides technical and managerial oversight of work performed by Design Professionals, Designers and Drafters.
- Provides technical expertise and oversight as requested by Directors, Assistant Directors, Project Executives, or Project Managers.
- Oversees special individual projects of limited scope at direction of Directors, Assistant Directors, Project Executives, or Project Managers.
- Leads design effort of project team on major renovation/reconstruction projects
- Collaborates with Project Executives or Project Managers in project scope review and project requirements discussion with clients.
You have one of the following…
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical design with 6 years’ experience
- Master degree in Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical design with 4 years’ experience
- Experience in an increasingly responsible role managing the design of architectural/mechanical/electrical systems for buildings; medical, research laboratory, or similar such building project experience preferred
- Current, valid license as Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Registered Architect (R.A.) in Maryland.