- Review design proposal criteria and facilitate preparation of proposal documents for use by construction personnel, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Provide research regarding the project design, along with applicable code and regulatory requirements.
- Consults with customer to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, and equipment.
- Prepares the layout of project and integrates engineering elements into unified design for customer review and approval.
- Responsible for quality assurance and quality control of design documents for all design disciplines including but not limited to review of documents prepared by Architectural Technicians, sub-consultants and design-build subcontractors.
- Prepare and administer design contracts with the customer and/or sub-consultants.
- Facilitate design reviews and presentation of current design documents for customer review and approval.
- Coordinates design activities with customers and Gray sub-consultants.
- Facilitate the preparation of schematic, design development, and construction documents and manages construction administration activities for the project.
- Develop a design schedule and estimate of A/E costs for projects.
- Monitor project design activities to assure compliance with Gray standards and procedures.
- Manage all administrative tasks related to design for the project.
- Manage all costs related to design activities to ensure accurate cost control.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Architecture or Engineering and a minimum of seven to ten years related experience.