Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
The Design Manager sits within Brand Creative Services leading design and execution of all marketing needs globally for our Crazy 8 brand. Brand Creative Services is responsible for all photography, campaign development, window and in-store signage, direct mail, print advertising, web/email creative direction, packaging and store support–related design needs. The Design Manager reports to the Sr. Director of Creative.
- Lead graphic designers, build a strong creative team culture, and inspire team to push creative forward season over season. Bring strong creative point of view with each project, mentor designers and innovate creative and production thinking. Manage team through change in strategy/creative direction while keeping a healthy departmental morale.
- Develop, define and evolve the designated brand, being mindful of where it sits within our family of brands.
- Develop and maintain brand standards.
- Lead seasonal brainstorming meetings, guide creative development of multiple directions for the seasonal look-and-feel and art direction.
- Partner with Sr. Creative Director in developing photo art direction. In collaboration with Sr. Creative Director, present concepts and overall direction to leadership, framing work with the creative objective, giving context to what was done previously and when creative goes live.
- Manage all photo needs to incorporate into photo shot lists. Create seamless path of communication with Sr. Creative Director in all logistics of photo planning.
- Participate in photography retouching process, including retouching notes, and controlling quality on rounds of retouching.
- Manage all external marketing needs (national advertising, direct mail, etc.) in terms of consistency, brand appropriateness, and brand differentiation.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional partners (Production, Copy, Visual, Merchandising, Web/Email, International, Store Operations, etc.), educating and advocating for the internal creative process.
- Attend departmental status meetings. Keep he Sr. Creative Director updated on project status, initiatives and key issues.
- BA/BFA degree in graphic design (or equivalent)
- Professional graphic designexperience in both print and digital mediums; retailexperiencepreferred
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience
- Must have strong presentation skills, strong creative point of view and strong voice
- Must have stellar organizational and planning skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines and to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, even with ambiguous or vague direction
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Must have great attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external business partners
- Must have expert knowledge of Adobe CC (with skill excellence in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop,) Microsoft Office and Mac OS
- Copywriting skills are a huge plus
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position. Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.