$100K — $150K *
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 170+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Lead design and concept for new and existing facilities to include layouts, bidding, material handling and refrigeration engineering. Develop RFQ/RFP documents to enable supplier selection and score carding. Scope facility design options (racking, conveyor, automation) to match new or changing business requirements. Provide capital budgetary estimates. Support sales and business development efforts including attending presentations to explain solutions.
• Develop preliminary solution concepts for customer needs and RFQ requests from sales/business development
• Develop racking designs for storage requirements for various businesses and product type
• Define when conventional racking or automated robotic/ASRS solutions are the right application; design concept layouts that can be issued to suppliers
• Develop automation equipment calculations, volume flow chart, Power Point slides, videos and other materials to defend and showcase a design
• Match business requirements (pallet height, SKU velocity, pick face count) to design solutions
• Direct in-house ACAD efforts to layout facility and provide drawing solutions and/or modifications clearly, in executive-type presentations
• Work with regional general managers and facility management to develop layouts, cost estimates and implementation schedules
• Develop temperature-controlled refrigeration solutions with supplier support to accommodate changing customer needs
• Assist in supplier selection phase in developing detailed RFPs for obtaining competitive bids; analyze bids to determine successful providers; provide recommendations through qualitative and quantitative comparisons
• Work with various general contractors in developing solutions for lighting, fire protection, refrigeration and general construction
• Assist business development solutions group with cost justifications for proposed projects
• Support cross-functional teams in solutions development and project qualification (engineering, sales, finance, legal, field maintenance, operations) …
• Keep abreast of the latest technology in building design, refrigeration systems, controls, and evaluate for applications for use in Americold facilities.
• Lead detailed design engineering and define scope and capabilities of WCS, as it integrates with WMS
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
• 2-4 years of relevant post-high school education
• 9-15 years' experience designing, maintaining, or implementing systems or equipment in a warehouse/distribution environment
• Experience with industrial refrigeration preferred
Valid through: 7/16/2020