Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Position Title: Design Engineer
Position Number: 260937
Location: Waco, TX
Desired Skill Set:
CAD, Design, Engineer, Packaging Testing, Quality Engineer, Warehouse
Duration: 12 months
Location: Waco, TX 76705
This position manages the designs and development of returnable/expendable packaging for individual piece parts, assembled work tools and bulk shipping to ensure the timely and efficient receipt and delivery of material within budget. Proper packaging design includes part containment, protection, and optimization of transportation and other supply network functions. Provide NPI support to Engineering and Supply Teams. Develop packaging solutions to protect finished painted components. Design for transport efficiency and perform containerization analysis as required. Validate new packaging during pilot phase. Coordinate with Warehouse Logistics for line-side storage and ergonomic considerations. Resolve safety and / or quality issues caused by current packaging
• Research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research, design, develop, manufacture, and test tools, engines, machines and other mechanical devices.
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendation to maintenance crew.
• Oversee installation, operation, maintenance and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
• Implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
• Bachelor''s degree in engineering required (Packaging Engineering Preferred).
• Two years Plus relevant work experience required.
Skills and Competencies:
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas.
• Advanced ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
• Advanced ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing.
• Research and analyze supplier design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
• This role is accountable to deliver on cost targets set by customer or process partner.
• Communicate with existing facilities (Inside/Outside North America) on packaging issues related to receiving, warehousing, and/or line side delivery.
• Perform cost analysis on current packaging processes and recommend changes where appropriate - Willingness to travel (Up to 25%
• Work as a member of NPI (New Product Introduction) team instrumental in delivering Packaging Designs to the team at lowest possible cost.
• Work on Safety/Quality related spills on Current Packaging.
• Identify and Implement cost improvement projects on Current Packaging.
• Attend weekly NPI Work Tool (WT) related Engineering meetings
• Responsible for WT NPI Packaging design starting with GW3 or earlier
• Obtain related information from WT Engineering/Supply Chain teams to design optimal Packaging taking into account TCO (this includes Inventory, Transportation Cost, ROI for Packaging, etc.)
• Present Packaging proposals to Stakeholders and get buy-off as required.
• Identify and focus on continuous improvement opportunities for current WT products
• Design packaging for inbound components into Warehouses and assembled / kitted WTs to be shipped from Warehouses to dealers.
• Knowledge of Packaging concepts
- Working Packaging design experience required (2+ Years with Returnable/Corrugate/Wood Packaging)
- Strong Analytical and Mathematical skills - Proficient in MS Office - Proficiency in Modeling software like PROE/Solid Works preferred
- Engineering Degree required (Packaging Engineering preferred).
• Strong Analytical and Mathematical skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficiency in Modeling software like PROE/Solid Works preferred
- EngineeringDegreerequired (Packaging Engineeringpreferred).
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.