JOB DESCRIPTION: DESIGN ENGINEER being sought by a major Custom Equipment Manufacturer for its 200-non-union employee Springfield, Missouri Plant. Reporting to the Engineering Manager the DESIGN ENGINEER will focus on Designing & Testing new products & enhancements to existing products. Job functions include:
- Work closely with Business Development & Manufacturing to coordinate day-to-day actions from Design to Commercialization of Products.
- Develop & Design new Products.
- Assure the release of New Products are Safe through risk assessments & compliance to Regulatory Requirements.
- Assure Product Conformance with the creation of Standard Work & implementation of Verification & Validation Processes.
- Evaluate the functions of Existing Products to determine if a New Product would enhance existing Produce offerings.
- Follow New Product from Design through Production. Includes Timelines, Product Cost Comparisons, Material Selection.
- Conduct Patent Research & Application for New Products.
- Maintain Project Files: Drawings, Instruction Manuals, Test Data, Design Criteria & Specifications.
- BS Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 2years Engineering Design experience. Rotating equipment design experience a plus.
- Prefer Project Management experience in a Lean Mfg. environment.
- Seeking expertise in CAD Software [ SolidWorks, AutoCAD]. Needed to create Process Prints, Design Tools, Fixtures, Gauges.
- Will work in both Office & Manufacturing Floor settings.