About This Role:
Pathway Connectivity is the leading data communications company in the entertainment lighting industry. We are proud to be a part of the Acuity Brands family since 2011. We design, manufacture and support an innovative family of products that enables the operation of sophisticated stage and architectural lighting systems. We earned our reputation by extending the functionality of DMX control. Now we’re creating next-generation lighting networks with open system products that harness the power and convenience of Ethernet. Pathway Connectivity stretches the realm of the possible, by creating breakthrough products that are dependable and easy to use.
This person will be responsible for new product development, design and sustaining engineering for existing software. This person will attend various Product Design/development projects. You must be able to collaborate with of all cross functional members of the design team.
How You Will Contribute:
- Understand user requirements and translate the requirements to Pathway software.
- Involvement in various aspects of the design process including, but not limited to, implementing new features, debugging/fixing bugs, and QA testing.
- Bring new experience and ideas to the team.
- Attend team meetings using the product delivery system (stage gate product development) for each major product.
- Initiate and assists with the development of concepts for new products from Project Charters, and Specification Matrix provided by the Product Manager and other avenues such as reviewing competitor's software and documentation, and free design techniques.
- Assist the team with any/all process improvement activities and related research.
- Utilize Agile/Scrum methodologies for software development.
Key Requirements of the Role:
- 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering (CE), Computer Science (CS), Electrical Engineering (EE), or equivalent
- C++ development experience, experience in Qt is a plus.
- Basic understanding of databases (relational or non-relational).
- General knowledge of software engineering practices.
- Experience developing user-facing software.
- UI/UX development experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate verbally, in written form.
- Ability to work well in cross-functional team environments.