What do you get to do in this position?
- Accountable for investigating and procuring all data required to develop complex designs.
- Involved in the creation of multiple component/assembly solutions to envision product concept. Prepare preliminary sketches or diagrams reflecting basic design concept.
- Design medium voltage equipment.
- Work independently, exercise latitude and judgment to develop designs with minimal supervision.
- Prepare sketches and schematic diagrams.
- Involved in preparing accurate layout, detail and assembly drawings.
- Assist in verification of design for performance requirements.
- Review work of designers on some phases of design.
- Confer with design originator, appropriate engineering and other cross-functional personnel in finalizing design concepts.
- Perform mechanical analysis of mechanisms and mechanical assemblies such as tolerance, stress, deformation or kinematic.
- Make mathematical calculations and adjustments in drawings and specifications.
- Participate in test plan, results analysis and the feedback of appropriate design parameters back into component/assembly design.
- Recommend changes or modifications as appropriate to meet manufacturability, functionality and measurability requirements.
- Provide support to manufacturing and quality organization on customer and production issues as necessary.
- Interface with the manufacturing organization to ensure that a well-optimized component or assembly is developed from fabrication or assembly concerns.
- Prepare and oversee final layout, detail, assembly drawings, and other required documentation.
- Prepare instructional or operational information as required.
- Generate and maintain organized database and Bill of Material (B.O.M) as well as change reports or other documentations.
- Prepare and maintain schedule estimates.
- Develop electronic and hard copy records that conform to internal standards and support the development, implementation and maintenance stages of the projects and products.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related and 4 years of work experience in mechanical product design and development. Also must have 4 years of experience within IEEE/ANSI/ UL compliant medium voltage equipment environment:
1. Designing VR circuit breakers, MasterClad and MasterClad AR;
2. Design using CAD tools (Inventor, ProE, Creo, AutoCAD);
3. Managing PEP Project Cycle Management;
4. Analyzing and assessing MV Circuit Breaker test duties, Hi Pot, Partial Discharge, BIL, VR circuit breakers, MasterClad, MasterClad AR;
5. Creating and implementing of Fault Tree Analysis;
6. Creating and overseeing Design and Application FMEAs; and
7. Executing PEP, PMP/Agile methodology, 8D analysis.