A large aerospace manufacturer is seeking a Design Engineer to join their team in the Rochester, NY area. The Design Engineer will research, analyze, and design new product system components or improve existing products. Designs will be of moderate scope and complexity, and will use a variety of inter-disciplinary engineering principles. The ideal candidate will be a team player, hold a bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering, and have knowledge of aerospace industry products and regulations.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer
- Analyze product specifications, performance requirements, and existing manufacturing capabilities to create new designs and to enhance/improve existing designs.
- Apply engineering principals and established analytical tools to perform moderately complex design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of components, subsystems, and systems.
- Utilize provided sketches and descriptive transfer functions to develop detailed designs.
- Investigate applicable design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, strength-weight efficiency, contract specifications, cost, and change proposals.
- Prepare product layouts, detailed drawings, and assembly drawings by coordinating with designers or drafters, interpreting customer and functional requirements, by using CAD tools, and following standards.
- Develop data and make preliminary sketches, notes, and documentation in response to customer proposal requests.
- Review drawings and assembly models to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Isolate design errors, oversights, and other inefficiencies and recommend revisions and improvements to engineers or other designers.
- Conduct analyses and tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, or processes, and complete required documentation and generate reports, procedures, or changes.
Requirements of the Design Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering or related field.
- Effectively function in cross-functional teams; communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management.
- General knowledge of aerospace industry or similar products and legal and regulatory requirements related to manufacturing environments.
- US citizenship due to the Company's military contractor status.