The Design Engineer is responsible for development of complex electrohydraulic, electromechanical, mechanical, hydromechanical and electropneumatic components and systems that will become the new products of Moog, Inc. The Design Engineer plans and conducts efforts requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard and nonstandard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. The Design Engineer independently devises new approaches for the problems encountered. Typical responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development of new product requirements through consulting with customers and sales personnel
- Operate as a key technical contact in a team of creative, independent individuals
- Validate conceptual problem solutions by performing trade studies and analyses
- Be a key contributor to the preparation of successful proposal designs, cost estimates, and technical volume write ups
- Create reliable designs through a comprehensive experimental development test program
- Document designs, analyses, and test results with accurate and concise reports
- Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its technical reputation
To be considered for this position you’ll need the following…
- Minimum of a MS Degree (Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering is strongly preferred), plus 3 years of design / development engineering experience
- As an alternative, BS Degree plus 6 years of design / development engineering experience
- Extensive experience in creating successful designs of electrohydraulic, electromechanical, mechanical and/or electropneumatic components.
- Background in design analysis, including stress analysis, kinematics, strength of materials, fluid mechanics, and vibration is essential.
- Seasoned knowledge of mechanical hardware designs
- Strong communication and analytical skills; self-starting instincts
- Ability to validate conceptual problem solutions by performing trade studies